Sunday, January 12, 2014

Songbird (Songbird #1) by Lisa Edward Book Review

Synopsis:

Every relationship changes you, some for the better, others can shatter your confidence and almost destroy you.

For the musically talented, twenty-four year old Tara O’Connell, her relationship with Stephen almost broke her, until Tara found the strength to leave.

Now she is on the road to discovering that it is never too late to pursue your dreams and follow your heart. 

As Tara’s self-belief grows, she meets two men she is instantly drawn to who will change her life forever. 

Corporal Riley Hammond is a soldier in the Australian Military Special Forces. With his smiling sapphire blue eyes, Tara falls for him instantly. He is thoughtful and caring, and gives her the support and love she needs.

While Cole Michaels is the overconfident singer in a popular local band. His charisma, emerald green eyes, tattoos and piercing, have girls falling at his feet. But while Cole pushes 
Tara’s buttons, he also pushes her to reach for the stars.

Both men couldn’t be more polar opposites, but both offer Tara different qualities that she needs to fulfil her destiny. 

As Tara continues her journey, she will discover fate can offer you more than one path. Her fate is in her own hands, and the choices she makes, will shape her life forever.

Goodreads:

My Review

5 of 5 Riley & Cole

First I would like to give a HUGE Thank You to Lisa Edwards for allowing me to read her book. Life was a little hectic and I read it but never did the review as you can see on my currently reading list it is HUGE because I have read so many books and have not posted the reviews yet. So I want to personally say I am so sorry for not posting this review sooner.

To say that this book is EXCELLENT and a must read is an understatement. Anyone who has had a loved one go into the army or any branch of the army or navy will love this book because the main character Tara is so effing faithful to her special forces man I love it! 

Tara our main character is 24 years old and she loves music. The girl can sing like no ones business but she gives it all up to be with a guy Stephen she thinks she loves. Stephens nothing more than a big old meany being rude and abusing Tara all the time. Soon Tara has had enough and she gets the courage to leave him. That is where the story gets so good and I mean I laughed, I cried my eyes out, and I screamed at my kindle because the emotional roller coaster I went through was one hell of a ride!

Tara meets two gorgeous guys that sweep her off her feet but she meets Riley Hammond first and he is a Corporal in the Australian Special forces. Riley is a great guy and he loves Tara so much. Riley builds Tara up and helps her with everything as much as he can because he is away a lot because of the military. But that is okay because Tara has her best friends and her singing and another HOT guy to help her get herself back on track and stay there.

See Tara also has a hot singer in a popular indie band named Cole. He is gorgeous, smart and witty and they share the same love of music. Cole is patient and kind to Tara and they share so much that at first I was like hell she should start dating him but her heart is with Riley and I loved both guys that my heart was literally split in two because I could not choose which guy I loved more and I love when a story does that to me because I am left wondering what is going to happen and in this case I need books two like yesterday.

Book two is coming out soon and the name of it is Songbird Caged.... What do you guys think about the name???????? I love it!

Purchase Link:
Amazon:

Author Bio:

While Lisa Edward has called Melbourne Australia home for her entire life, she has lived and worked in England, and travelled through most parts of Europe and the United States. 

She loves nothing more than spending time with her husband and beautiful daughter, or curling up into the early hours of the morning with a great novel. 

Her deep appreciation for literature was nurtured from a young age, being taught to respect books and get lost in their stories. She enjoys reading honest and realistic novels that are relatable, thought provoking and leave a lasting impression. 

She can’t write without music playing, using the emotions from different songs to invoke that of her characters. 

Lisa takes inspiration from her own life experiences, the people around her and those she has met in her travels.

No comments: