Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Around The World ARC Tours Presents The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens



Synopsis:

Sadie Kingston, is a girl living in the aftermath. A year after surviving a car accident that killed her friend Trent and left her body and face scarred, she can’t move forward. The only person who seems to understand her is Trent’s brother, Max.

As Sadie begins to fall for Max, she's unsure if she is truly healed enough to be with him — even if Max is able to look at her scars and not shy away. But when the truth about the accident and subsequent events comes to light, Sadie has to decide if she can embrace the future or if she'll always be trapped in the past.

Goodreads:

Review:

Oh man where to start on this book. I loved loved it so much I am going to buy it when it comes out in November because I want to re-read it again and again. This is one of those stories that has loss, love, and reality in it. It tugged at my heart so much so I had to get my box of tissues because there were so many things that had my heart crushing. 

In this story we met Sadie Kingston who has survived a tragic car accident that has killed her best friend Trent and severely scarred Sadie's body and face. Sadie is left to heal and find herself again but she is not alone because Trent's younger brother Max is left wondering what has happened and why. 

Sadie and Max start an unlikely friendship at first and as they get closer they begin to form a bound. Then that bond is tested when the truth of the accident comes out and Sadie is left to wonder if she should move on or if she should stay in the past which has become her here and now.


About Author:

Twitter - @quartland

Tumblr -http://courtneycstevens.tumblr.com/

Instagram - quartland

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CourtneyCStevens

Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/anabels/courtney-c-stevens-books/

email - channelingbrave@gmail.com

A short story of me offline:


This kid (me) started catching when she was four years old. She never played another position and softball was a huge part of her life. Softball is how she paid for college. For four years she played ball at Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, KY. She holds many records, but the one she is most proud of is Career Hits. 239 hits. 70 of them in one season. Below is a picture of me with my Grandparents at my very last collegiate game.
I only have one sibling (Matt). We grew up in the country, and we grew up "romping around" and actually played outside. I have more stories about Matt than I'll ever dream up to write. You can see here that we started off sort of sweet and ended up somewhere else entirely.



Things that surprise me and might surprise you.

1) I was an olympic torchbearer.

2) I've been making "me in a tree" pictures since I was little bitty. (This one is from Yellowstone)

3) My mother tortured me with dancing.




One of the great joys in my life was being a youth minister. These kids, and others not on this trip, were a huge and significant part of my life. There is no greater joy than knowing what you do makes a difference to someone. These students have traveled with me, trusted me with their secrets, shared life with me, and let me kick their tail ends in laser tag (and paintball and hunger games and water gun wars and .... you get the picture. We have a good time.)






There is no way to put a picture here of all the amazing people in my life. Even to try and list them ... Wow. But I'd be remiss if I didn't say that my mom is the best line editor in the world. She's been with me every step of the writing way. And so have the three people pictured here. They are my accountability group, best friends, and my life wouldn't be the same without them. They make me feel like Captain America!

I also feel fine about the world when I'm spending time in the company below. Gospel is my Ewok (miniture Yorkie) and my dad is my confidant. (He raised a good Cardinals fan.)



Everyone needs a friend to act ridiculous with. I have a number of them. But CJ is my sister. See! It takes a strong woman to wear an owl print on her head. And to dress up with me (like teenagers) for the Midnight Harry Potter releases.


I write by myself with the music on. But I revise and read in silence. I used to write at Barnes and Noble. Now I write at Percy Warner Park. And sometimes at my desk. My favorite place to write is the beach (Fort Walton). I wrote 170 pages of Faking Normal longhand in a beach chair. I wrote all of The Lies About Truth at Percy Warner Park.


One of the best pieces of advice I can give someone is to have a great critique group. I'm fortunate to critique with some amazing writers. As a member of SCBWI, I was hooked up with writers in my area. The three of us have been writing together since 2009




The picture to the right is of my Nashville Critique group. I joined their group in July of 2011 and we have been plugging along and tearing through manuscripts ever since. These ladies read, critiqued and helped me shape Faking Normal into a manuscript that would get me an agent and a book deal. THEY ARE UNBELIEVABLE.

I also have the pleasure of critiquing with this dear friend to my left. (We are in line for the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.) We met through the SCBWI Listserv in July of 2010 and have been eating Mellow Mushroom pizza and Panara cookies ever since. We recently took up climbing.

Faking Normal wouldn't exist without the two people below. When the idea came to me at the SCBWI LA national conference, it was these two ladies who listened and said I could be brave enough to write this manuscript. I will always be thankful for the conversations we had in the autograph room and the lobby - you know which ones. 



Last, but certainly not least, here are Kelly's Angels. (Keep in mind she did not give us this title.) I have the unbelievable fortune of sharing an agent with two of my dearest friends on the planet. We all write very differently, but as you can see, we share a similar sense of humor and kick-tail ninja skills. 

No comments: